Understanding filter strings is central to understanding the bedrock library. Bedrock converts the contents of the filter string into views by splitting the string into dimension names and element names via delimiter characters and then creating the view on the fly. This article describes how the strings work.
This is a quick tutorial in how to create subsets with the bedrock 4 library. It covers ...
- including descendants of a consolidation
- filtering elements by level
- filtering elements via attribute value
- excluding elements via list or wildcard
- modifying an existing subset
The latest version of the bedrock library consistently includes support for lists and wildcard string matches whenever defining objects or elements. This article explains step-by-step how lists and wildcards work and how to put them to use.